Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Making Room for Baby

As I survey my house, orderly and well put together, I think about how my life is about to be infiltrated by baby. Suddenly, baby is going to take precedence and baby’s stuff will undoubtedly invade every nook ‘n cranny of our home.

I am very cautious about all the “stuff.” I am going to try very hard to NOT buy into the mentality that this little baby is going to need every gadget and gizmo under the sun in order to have a happy and healthy childhood. As with everything in life, balance is going to be key.

In order to accommodate for the unavoidable influx of stuff we’re going to be buying and receiving in the next several months, Scott and I have started the process of organizing our belongings. For as long as we’ve lived in our home, the guest room, (soon to be nursery) has been a catch-all for much of our excess stuff. Over the weekend, we were able to make much head-way in the process of clearing and prepping the space. As I stand in the empty room, I can’t help but think about the new little person that will eventually inhabit and breathe life into the space. The mere thought of it makes my heart catch in my throat.

I am currently 10 days shy of being at the mid-point in my pregnancy. How almost 20 weeks has flown by is beyond me. Our ultrasound is rapidly approaching as well. Though we’re thrilled to find out the gender of this little life, I am more excited to just see baby! Though everything appears to be going well, it’s hard to know for sure. I am prayerful that this baby is just as normal as can be.

1 comment:

Linnea said...

The next 20 weeks will fly by too!! It's hard not to be tricked into thinking you need everything! Get what makes life easier for you (bouncy seat and entertainer a must in my opinion) and skip the rest!

Happy Thanksgiving!