Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hello Baby

So I think I have finally made it out of the questionable, “is she, is she not?” phase of pregnancy. In fact, last night at the women’s tea, Lee Wagner looked at me, then down at my belly, and instantly grabbed it and exclaimed, “Oh my, you’re pregnant!” This is way better than had she looked down and said, “Oh my, you’ve really gotten fat!”

Yes, baby is starting to make quite the statement in my midsection. I officially outgrew a pair of jean in one week’s time. Last week I could button them, this week I could not. I told Scott that I hope to never repeat that experience in any other circumstance, but because I am growing a human, I am okay with it.

We’ve started to make stabs at the baby room as well. Over the long holiday weekend we scraped the popcorn texture from the ceiling and ripped up the dingy carpeting and trim work. We have a new window to install, we have to hardwire for a light fixture, install the new hardwood floors, build a closet organization system, trim out the whole room and paint every surface. Thankfully the room is only 8 x 11!

So, I am less than a week away from my ultrasound—I am starting to feel pretty excited about things at this point. Baby started moving around while at the Thanksgiving table. Now that I know what I am feeling for, I think I have been feeling the baby for several weeks. Everyone says it feels like a flutter, I think it feels like a fish. Every once in a while it’s like one of the fins rubs up against your insides and it gives you a strange quivering sensation. Pretty neat indeed!

So, does anyone want take a gamble at the gender of Baby J? All along my maternal instincts have thought boy. What do you think?

2 comments:

Linnea said...

I'm so glad you are updating your blog more! I can't wait to see pictures of you and excited to hear the gender of little baby J!

I'm thinking girl, but boys are great too!! This is coming from someone who thought all along it would be a girl but we got a boy! Now I can't even imagine having anything but our Max!

Good luck at the ultrasound! I'll be waiting to hear!

Totman said...

I think it will be a boy, but I want it to be a girl for you. Is your appointment on the 6th? What time?