Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Third Trimester Here I Come

I am approximately 11 days from entering my third trimester. Where these past 25 weeks have gone, I am not sure? Prior to being pregnant, I remember thinking, “Why can’t humans be more like cats? Nine weeks of pregnancy sounds about right.” Now this thought is incomprehensible to me. I NEED these nine months. I’ve decided you spend the first half of pregnancy trying to get your head around the fact this is real and happening, and the second half of pregnancy workin’ your tail off because you finally get the fact that this is “real and happening.”

Scott and I are in a mad dash to the finish line, with baby girl’s nursery being top priority. We’ve made really great head-way these past few weeks; the new window is installed, the walls have been dry walled, mudded, and sanded, the ceiling has been ridded of popcorn, and the walls have been painted a snowy cream color called Shearling. As of Sunday, Scott began installing the hardwood. He’s about 1/3 of the way finished. Hopefully we can wrap of flooring by week’s end. We’ll then have a light fixture to hardwire and install, trim to paint, and a closet organization system to figure out. And believe me; we need this closet organization system! Baby girl already has quite the budding wardrobe. Between hand-me-downs at work, generous friends and family, and a soon-to-be momma that can’t keep her wallet closed when it comes to cute little girl clothes, this little baby is on her way to being well dressed.

In other related news, Scott’s been able to feel baby girl for about the last week. Whereas I have been feeling fluttering and jabs since about 18 weeks, her movements have just now become magnified enough to be felt topically. Just last night Scott had his head on my belly and received a forceful punch to the ear. This was really fun for both of us, and I like knowing that Scott can feel more a part of the process at this point.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! It's so fun to have progress! Sounds like the room is coming along nicely - no doubt you'll have it finished way before baby comes. And isn't it fun to have Scott really be able to feel her. I'm so excited for you guys!!!

Linnea said...

Keep the updates coming!! Once you get the nursery done you will feel much more prepared for motherhood! Enjoy the kicks and movements from within, you'll miss them some day!

Totman said...

Wow, your third trimester - a big step to the finish! Spring will be here you before you know it and so will baby girl!