Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekend Happenings

So, we’re nearly done with our nursery. I promise to get pics posted soon. The chandelier is hung, the window cornice board has been constructed and mounted, and Scott built a custom shelf for above the changing station. I admit to being partial, but I am so pleased with the outcome. It is bright and happy and unashamedly girly without being baby, baby, baby, which is what I wanted. My auntie is still in the midst of sewing the crib bedding, and I am waiting on several pieces to arrive from Etsy, but overall, project complete.

Scott and I washed and folded all baby girl’s clothes this weekend and loaded up her drawers and shelves. Tell you what, folding tiny clothes takes way more time than folding adult size clothes. Whereas one hamper full yields 12 adult items, one hamper full of baby clothes yields 50 items. It’s fun to see her drawers full and her room filled with life. Just waitin’ on her at this point.

Scott and I also bought a stroller over the weekend via Craigslist. We ended up getting a used Baby Jogger City Elite. It’s a 2008 version, so it has been used, but we got a decent price on it and it cleaned up well. Now we just need to buy the Chicco car seat attachment so I can get going right away on all my pre-pregnancy walks. Can’t wait to go trailblazing with little girl.

No comments: