Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Diaper Deals

I can tell I am easing my way into motherhood when a really good deal on diapers excites me. Yes, I am all jazzed about diapers: stinky poop & pee catchers.

When I found out I was pregnant, my nice friend Heather bought me a subscription to a baby magazine. She mentioned that the magazine often includes really good offers on diapers. She was right. Almost every issue has some type of coupon to be redeemed on Amazon. Sometimes it’s $10 off and other times it’s a percentage discount. On Sunday night I decided to take advantage of some of the coupons and my diapers should be arriving today via 2-day free ship.

I ended up getting an 84-count of newborn Pampers Swaddlers for just $3.15! Whoo-hoo! I also got a 216-count of size one swaddlers for less than $20.00. All in all, I figure I saved around $50.00.

As an aside, I have 59 days to go as of today. In many ways it seems far too long, and in other ways it feels like I just need to blink and she’ll be in my arms. I think a lot will depend on what sort of weather we experience in March. If March lives up to its name of being the snowiest month, I am pretty sure time will drag, however if we follow trend with the snowless March of 2010, I feel like I am well on my way. Hoping the latter is true.

3 comments:

Linnea said...

Have you signed up for Amazon mom yet? You'll get three months of Prime membership free (that's free 2 day shipping on qualifying purchases!). I have two of the $10 ones but I'm hoping for a percentage one!

ScottandChistina said...

I have signed up. That contributed to the good deals. I think I have free ship through August now w/ all my qualifying purchases. Way better/much easier than trudging to the store for diapers.

Unknown said...

Glad you're finding some good deals! Dan also thinks I'm silly when I get excited about cheap diapers... buy hey, $.08 a diaper is so much better than full price!