Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mother Load

The title of this entry is no exaggeration. I received the mother load of baby girl supplies as of yesterday evening.

To back up, one of the local MN sales reps that work with routinely discovered I was pregnant w/ a baby girl. She immediately contacted me to see if I was interested in any baby stuff. She is now done having kids, with her youngest daughter being almost a year. I told her I would be interested. She said, “bring a truck.”

Yesterday Scott and I went to her home in Excelsior and picked up a whole truck bed full of baby supplies. Let it be said now: The Johnson household will NOT need any onesies. Scott joked that we could “wear and toss” given the amount that she gave us—around 110 to be exact. In addition to tons of onesies, she gave me gobs of little socks, hats, outfits, musical CD’s/DVD’s, books, nursing covers, shoes, toys. She also gave me a very nice cherry wood crib for my parent’s house, a crib set, a really nice jumpy contraction, an interactive activity mat, a bumbo chair w/ try, a nice baby swing, a brand new boppy w/ multiple slipcovers, and all sorts of infant stimulation gadgets. My whole new porch addition is currently overflowing with baby surplus. It is definitely going to take me some time to go through everything, and it will likely take even longer to get it all washed and organized, but can I say thank you Jesus! This was a tremendous gift.

Once Scott installs the new closet organization system, I’ll take a pic of little girl’s brimming wardrobe. I do believe I am pretty near set.

1 comment:

Totman said...

Wow, that is wonderful! It is so nice to get used stuff and it sounds like some of it is still new! Now you better update your registry so we get you things you still need :)