Thursday, December 8, 2011

Elaina - 7 Months

My little helpless daughter is helpless no longer; in fact, she is quite bound and determined to do things on her own. She found her mobility several weeks back and has enjoyed crawling all over the house with her toys in tow. However, more than crawling, she likes climbing—her toys, our furniture, other babies! Yes, turns out she’s a little brute. At small group the other night, she crawled right over top little Isaac who posed a road block in her route. Up and over his bum she went.

While sleeping has gotten MUCH better these last three weeks, she now knows how to stand up in her crib and I will find her holding onto the rails, banging her Nuk, demanding a 3 a.m. snack. If I try to put her down, she just stands right back up. And this is how parenting will be I guess-- just when I get a handle on something, a new something will emerge that will require handling.

She’s also started waiving “hi” and “bye.” Just this morning while I had her sitting in her crib playing with some toys as I finished getting ready for work, our little cat jumped into the crib with her. She immediately greeted kitty with a waive. This of course melted my heart. Once she stops grabbing fistfuls of the cat’s hair, I am sure they’ll be good friends. At this point, I am predicting “kitty” to be her first word.

As for the word front, Elaina remains fairly quiet, and I rarely hear her babble. And while I don’t think she is shy AT ALL, I think she is just too busy to focus her attention on speaking. However, it does make me a little sad that some of my friends that had babies at the same time are getting to hear those much coveted, “mama’s” and “dada’s.” That will be truly great!

No comments: