Tuesday, April 19, 2011

4 Days to Go . . .

And feeling very, very ready. My feet and legs are really something to behold. Scott took pictures to document this stage of pregnancy, but I feel a little too embarrassed to post them now. Perhaps in several months when I am more or less normal I will post them and be able to recall the whole situation with a good laugh.
I had another doctor appointment today and sadly, nothing much happening. I am 1 centimeter dilated and 70% effaced. Had I been a little further along, the doctor would have tried to strip the mucus membranes (FUN!), to try to bring on labor. When I told her that I was not presently experiencing any contractions, she seemed a little disappointed and said, “oh, usually we like to have people experiencing some contractions by this point.” It made me feel like, whoa, I am going to be in this for the long haul. My next appointment is scheduled for next Monday, which will be two days post due date. I am really hoping to be in labor by that point, but I have an ominous suspicion that this little girl will make her entrance come May.
Perhaps though, given the weird weather pattern we’re expecting (4-6 inches of snow tonight), that perhaps this will do something. It’s probably hokey, but people who work in labor and delivery always seem to claim that strange atmospheric pressure sends people into labor. We shall see . . .

No comments: