Friday, April 22, 2011

40 Weeks Pregnant as of Tomorrow

9 more hours and it will be my due date, 4/23/11. I am guessing that several weeks from now when my baby is actually in my arms, this date will be of little consequence, and it will only be her actual birth date that will remain memorable, but as of right now, 4/23 is the day written on my heart for meeting my daughter.

As of right now, I am having absolutely no symptoms. I’ve had several bouts of menstrual-type cramps and maybe some Braxton-hicks (no idea what I am feeling for), but nothing that would seem to constitute that labor is imminent. At any rate, our bags and packed and we are ready to go.

My lovely co-worker (due May 3rd), already had her baby this past Wednesday, 4/20. While everyone was ecstatic, people really commiserated with me as they saw me lumbering through the hallways. I am constantly being questioned, “So, when are you going to have this baby?” Believe me, I wish I knew.

So the plan for the weekend is to do something fun. To enjoy my husband, to sleep in late, go for good walks, eat an Easter feast, and relish these last moments before baby.

No comments: