Friday, March 11, 2011

Humbled and Honored

I had my very first baby shower last night at Cross of Glory, hosted by my dear friends Kara, Heather, Erin and Missy. It was truly an evening that I will never forget and all the hard work everyone put into making the evening so special for me was extremely evident. From the flowers, to the pink plates, the gorgeous card stock used for the words of advice, the abundant and delicious food, the creative and clever games, to the prayer time that followed, this was by all accounts, a wonderful evening.

When I got home, I had an extremely challenging night sleep. I think I was just so overwhelmed by the experience and excited by everything that transpired that rest seemed to escape me. The one thought that kept coming into my mind were all the moments in my life where I have felt small, unimportant, insignificant, and under-valued. Thoughts like this often creep into my life, and as testimony by last night, they are lies straight from the devil. Let it be said that I felt SO loved, significant, and of great worth last night. Thank you dear friends for my wonderful evening and creating such fanfare for this new little life. You are much loved by me!

3 comments:

Linnea said...

Wish I could have been there! Glad that you had a great time!

Unknown said...

It was a wonderful evening and so fun to celebrate you and baby! Loved a few glimpses into your childhood too :)

gianoula said...

Love you too! I can't wait till Mom lets us read more of our baby books... "he has muscles and hairy armpits".