Monday, March 21, 2011

One Month

Over the past few days, I have said on numerous occasions, “I am ready to have my body back.” There is just so much lumbering around at this point. I am sick of heaving as I put on my socks and shoes, and just turning over in bed is starting to feel like a belabored task. Couple this with ungodly amounts of heartburn, and I am thankful that this pregnancy has about run its course.

Prior to being pregnant, I would climb the stairs most days at work. We’re on the sixth floor so I would scale 12 flights easily, sometimes even taking them two at a time. Just for the sake of comparison, I tried doing the stairs today and was horrified by the huffy, puffy mess that awaited me. It literally took my 15 minutes to catch my breath. Will my endurance ever return? That said, will my ankles ever return? I caught a glimpse of my bare legs in a reflection several days ago and fear and trembling ran rampant in my veins. Now I know that I don’t have pretty legs to start with, but it’s as if my legs have been completely replaced by none other than my dad’s legs—huge ankles, huge calves, puffy, chubby knees, BLAH.

So there’s my rant. Sorry to post. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

2 comments:

Linnea said...

If you are swollen, make sure you get lots of salt and drink lots of water. I know it sounds counter intuitive, but it's what bring the fluid out of your tissue!

gianoula said...

Ha! Try having legs that START OUT looking like Dad's legs- wonder what my legs will look like when I'm pregnant???