Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Knobbly Bits?

On Sunday, Scott and I attended our comprehensive baby preparation class at Amma Maternity. The class covered such topics as labor & delivery, breast feeding, and infant care. Overall, the class was worth while. Perhaps the most enjoyable part of the class was the instructor, Suzy, from the UK. She had the greatest Bridget Jones accent and was an absolute hoot!

The curriculum was sound, and while I knew most things just from doing basic reading, the class really helped both Scott and I to feel more prepared. At least, we have some idea of what to expect and what the process looks like. We watched several videos (which weren’t horrific at all, I might add), and the whole time I just kept thinking; “only 7 weeks from now, and this will be my reality.” Despite several people telling me that the videos were frightful, I actually enjoyed the birthing video a great deal. I became very choked up at the whole thing and it made me eager to meet my darling girl.

4 comments:

Linnea said...

You will do wonderfully when it comes to giving birth!! I'm sure you can't wait to meet her!

gianoula said...

I believe the quote would be "Wobbly bits"... I don't want you seeing my wobbly bits. You should have tried to get your instructor to say that for you :)

ScottandChistina said...

Ann, I know "wobbly bits" well (especially these days). She actually was saying "knobbly bits" referring to the point in the pelvis where the baby's head must pass through. In other words, the baby's head must pass through my knobbly bits.

gianoula said...

Oh, that makes more sense... knobbly bits is a really delicate way of saying something else.